Originally I created this blog as part of a library wide training assignment. Now I have decided to put it to better use. I am going to review books for older children and teens. Sometimes finding the right book for older elementary and middle school children is difficult because you have to match reading level with content. For every book I review I will have a summary and scoring system and a list of any objectionable content.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The White Cat by Holly Black

"If you love me you'll cut of my head."

The White Cat by Holly Black is a reimagining of the Frech fairytale by the same name. It was dark and at times a little gory, but I thought it was great! Lots of action and very well written. Of course you must keep in mind that I am more than a little biased. I love Holly Black. That is not to say that I love everything that she has ever written, but I do think that she is a great author.
Because of the content I would definitely not recommend this book for younger children. I do think that older teens would like it especially if they like Black's other books, Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside. This is the first book in a series called "The Curse Workers".

I give this book an A for keeping me entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment