Originally I created this blog as part of a library wide training assignment. Now I have decided to put it to better use. I am going to review books for older children and teens. Sometimes finding the right book for older elementary and middle school children is difficult because you have to match reading level with content. For every book I review I will have a summary and scoring system and a list of any objectionable content.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gaming

There are lots of things that I like about gaming online. I want to learn how to create an online game because I think that they are wonderful tools and would make education fun.

This isn't hugely educational, but with the number of people we have that ask for Goosebumps books it would be popular. Goosebumps has an online game based on the Horrorland books. The website is Enter Horrorland. You do have to create a user name and password, but it doesn't ask for any other information or even an email address. I really like the fact that as you work through the games, it gives you a way to bypass anything that gets too difficult or tedious. I've worked through map 8 which is the last one opened, so I'm waiting for the next one to become available. I'll be interested to learn what happens when you make it all of the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment