Originally I created this blog as part of a library wide training assignment. Now I have decided to put it to better use. I am going to review books for older children and teens. Sometimes finding the right book for older elementary and middle school children is difficult because you have to match reading level with content. For every book I review I will have a summary and scoring system and a list of any objectionable content.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Social Networking Rocks!

I thought that I had nothing to learn from this lesson. I mean, I am already a member of MySpace, Facebook, Linkedin, and even Richmond Mommies! I have and enjoy updating my Shelfari page. Seriously! How social can one person be!
But I was wrong! With this lesson I had the chance to do a little exploring and found Livemocha.com! It is social networking with a purpose! The idea behind it is that you sign in and chose a language that you would like to learn. In addition to online lessons that you complete at your own pace, they introduce you to someone else who can help you learn that language! I have only just started, but I have high hopes for this one. I can already say, "Soy mujer. Soy bajo." How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment