Originally I created this blog as part of a library wide training assignment. Now I have decided to put it to better use. I am going to review books for older children and teens. Sometimes finding the right book for older elementary and middle school children is difficult because you have to match reading level with content. For every book I review I will have a summary and scoring system and a list of any objectionable content.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Photos/Videos

I was really interested in getting creative with flickr. Everyone is so excited about it, that I had to know what all I could do with it. I was going to start by downloading an image to my blog. I couldn't do it! I went around and around in circles trying to get permissions to download the image to blogger. I still haven't figured it all out. I couldn't even set it so that my picture would appear on a search if you typed CHPLearning!
Fortunately I also have an account on photobucket.com so I was able to play around there and make some comparisons. I have learned that photobucket doesn't have all of the cool stickers that flickr does when it comes to editing your photos, but the ones that they do have are adequate. They also have this cool tool that lets you insert a person's face from your picture into a another picture. That was totally cool and pretty simple to use. (My son looks really cool as a cat buy the way.) It was easy to upload the image to bloger too because I just copied and pasted the url that was provided. A lot easier than Flickr. Anyway, you can see my art work below!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment