Originally I created this blog as part of a library wide training assignment. Now I have decided to put it to better use. I am going to review books for older children and teens. Sometimes finding the right book for older elementary and middle school children is difficult because you have to match reading level with content. For every book I review I will have a summary and scoring system and a list of any objectionable content.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wikis

This lesson on wikis was really easy. I have already created an account on PBWiki. I use the wiki there as a place to store all of my useful work related information. I was devestated when I lost my flash drive a while back and now I just store it all there. I like it better than Google Docs, but I haven't spent too much time on Google Docs. I have also set it up so that if I'm ever in the market for a job I can prove to a new employer that I understand and keep up with new technologies. In my head I picture the conversation going something like this..."You might like to know that I have created a personal wiki to store some of my ideas. You can visit the site and see some of the wonderful things that I have worked on in the past or would like to try in the future. I think that wikis are a very helpful and useful collaboration tool in the workplace and I think that when you look at mine you will see that I am proficient in using them." Then my new employer will say "Wow, you really are amazing. We would like to pay you a hundred million dollars."

No comments:

Post a Comment