Originally I created this blog as part of a library wide training assignment. Now I have decided to put it to better use. I am going to review books for older children and teens. Sometimes finding the right book for older elementary and middle school children is difficult because you have to match reading level with content. For every book I review I will have a summary and scoring system and a list of any objectionable content.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

RSS Feeds

Now I have learned about the joys of RSS feeds! I was a little skeptical at first, I'm not that into celebrity stalking and that was all that I had heard RSS used for. Now I know that there is so much more! I subscribed to several School Library Journal and Library Journal websites so that I can keep current and on top of things in my profession. I also subscribed to two baseball websites so that I can have a coherent conversation with my husband (a huge baseball fan). Now that I am really looking at it, there are a lot of feeds that I want to subscribe to. I just hope I have the time to read everything. I have heard that you need to make it a habit just like checking your email. I hope I do better with this habit than I did with going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment